Thursday, January 14, 2010

Setting Up House



This year (2010) starts with me setting out as a professional bridal assistant here in Kampala, Uganda. It is something I have done for a while, pro-bono for friends and family and enjoyed immensely. But I have decided to make a business out of it and am very excited.

The first step was been finding a suitable business name. This took me to the Registrar of Companies on the 6th Floor of Amamu House. The lift in this building doesn't work, so going up those twelve flights is basically a work out for the day. The first name I chose already existed. The second one was a swish on the buzzer, so we are called purple WEDDINGS.

The next step was paying the registration fees at the Uganda Revenue Office at the Diamond Trust Bank on Kampala road. After the payment, you have to wait for two hours for the receipt. I decided to return the next day, only to find a very long line....


1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah that is Uganda. How I pray that one day the ICT noms get to Uganda and one does not have to lineup or even look at any faces in order to make a transaction. One day may be this will happen where one makes the transaction at a click of a mouse.

    ReplyDelete